January 27, 2005

Boots and stuff


Rubber Boots
Originally uploaded by It'sGreg.
Okay, this is starting to creep me out. I mean, like, what's this rock doing here that looks like a boot? Why's it look like a boot?

I saw this show on the Discovery Channel, or maybe it was SciFi channel, I don't know. But I saw this show and this guy on it...he was like a science guy...he said there was a sculpture on one of the planets (Mercury? Is that still a planet?) that was a human face. A really, really HUGE human face that was visible from space. And maybe, this guy says, it's like a sign or something. You know, like in 2001 A Space Odyssey, only that was a big black slab of some kind of rock and not a face. But a face is cooler for a sign. A big black slab of rock, that could mean almost anything but a face is like really pointed at us. Us here on Earth. Otherwise it wouldn't be a human face. It would be like Martian or Mercurian (sp?) or whatever.

So I'm wondering is this boot-shaped rock is a sign. Like maybe there's treasure buried under it. Or an alien artifact. Or maybe boots or something.

That would be cool.